Memories.....

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hi everyone. I really want to thank you all for an unbelievable
season. A year ago, I never would have imagined the drumline being the
way it is now. We have all grown so much during winter drumline, and
now we are that much better off for marching band. Keep improving as
much as we have recently and you guys will have some incredible
experiences. I want to see you guys going to world championships next
year!

Having said that, remember that the bar is much higher next year.
You're in open class now and you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Crack down on the laziness because you are too good to waste any
time--give your all in rehearsals no matter how tired or bored you
are, because how you rehearse is how you perform.

Most of all, keep up the solid friendships and, as Drew Forbes said,
"be excellent to each other." Battery, don't be jerks to anyone in
pit, because you're not any better than they are. Without them you
would have a show like San Diego State, and it would suck. Go out of
your way to make friends with everyone--especially the new kids and
the people you don't know well. Friendships will make everything you
do worth-while.

I hope you guys have an amazing time next year and have some great
experiences. To my fellow seniors, I've had tons of fun with all of
you--best wishes in whatever you are moving on to. I'm sure we'll have
plenty of chances to keep in touch and keep up with the drumline,
expecially on the blog. (Keep it up-to-date guys.)

2 comments:

Alex said...

"be excellent to each other" comes from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. But, few have seen that movie, so I would suggest seeing it.

Anonymous said...

I have also seen that movie. It is a pretty sweet movie.